Use CKfinder with multiple portals

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM

The CkFinder implementation doesn't appear to allow files to be uploaded to the portal root.

BaseUrl, and BaseDir can only be configured globally. In most instances where more than one portal is running from a single instance of DNN, files would need to be uploaded to the portal root.

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Did you mean the portal Root Portals/PORTALID? like the standard filebrowser of my provider uses?

I can do that, i just have to generate the config file dynamically. I Put it on my todo list for the 1.7 release

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Yup your standard filebrowser is brilliant but since the most common use of this (I assume) is to locate images, it would be good to see thumbnails, as per ckfinder and the browser which comes with FCK editor.

On the subject of the standard browser, the download and parent folder icons are also the wrong way around.

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2010 at 12:07 PM

>>>but since the most common use of this (I assume) is to locate images, it would be good to see thumbnails, as per ckfinder and the browser which comes with FCK editor.

I know, i love that option to see the thumbnails of the image to easy choose one, but that will make the browser window much bigger, thats why u can click on a image and then see the preview, but i think about that.

>>>On the subject of the standard browser, the download and parent folder icons are also the wrong way around.

Do u use an old version of my Provider? I fixed that in the last release (1.6).

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Best of luck with 1.7 then, I look forward to seeing it.

You're right, I had somehow installed 1.5 despite only downloading it yesterday!

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I too would love to have the option to redirect by portal. Sounds like an easy change to the config file. Would you mind sharing your implementation here? We're excited to start using this, but this is a roadblock.

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Ok i managed to set the base folder of the ckeditor to the current portal Home Directory (Portals/0/) dynamically. It will included in the next Provider Release 1.7

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Excellent! Keep up the good work. We're going to go live with version 1.7. :-)