Multilanguage Editing

May 6, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Thank you for this provider, Ingo! Great work!
Is there a chance, to use the CK multilanguage interface to edit different languages?

May 6, 2010 at 10:38 AM

No thats not Possible. Multi Language has to be provided by the Module u are using. I can only display the Content the Module is providing.

May 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Edited May 6, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I believe you have a wrong idea of what's an HTML provider....

This is different from an HTML EDITOR MODULE

The provider works for every HTML control that you might use in you're DNN site... no matter what module it is... if there's an HTML field then a HTML provider takes place.

You need to look for a Multilanguage  HTML EDITOR, but it won't be easy... at least not for free... but you can try EALO HTML Editor, iy is here on codeplex.... look it up...

This should be a DNN Core  Module, there's lots of complains about it, sadly they don't seem to have intention to change this!

I too went trough a lot of problems because of the lack of support for Localization Modules in the community version, drop me a message any time if you need maybe I can help

Back to CkEditor... this last release is Great Ingo... nothing is perfect.... but this is close :)

May 6, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I know the function of a provider, but the Demo of the CK Editor announces a build-in ML-interface ...

http://ckeditor.com/demo

May 6, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Ah ok now i understand, but did you really need this?

The Editor Switches the language Based on the Current dnn language, an language selector would override this.

May 6, 2010 at 1:20 PM
Edited May 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM

I'm lost now... you said: "Is there a chance, to use the CK multilanguage interface to edit different languages?"

ckEditor does allow you to show the INTERFACE in different languages... I've have mine in Portuguese... but I've changed it in the code... tho it would be nice to have this here in fact :D

Now If what you want is to display the content in different languages then your looking for what I've said...

EDIT: In fact like tha_watcha wrote.. mine those change has I change DNN language!

May 6, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Sorry for the confusion.
I hoped, the CKEditor allows editing content in more than one language, but in the same editing session, just by switching the build-in the CK language selector (not the DNN page language selector).

In other words: The functionality of the Editor from e.g. DNNCentric,
http://www.dnncentric.com/language/en-US/DNN-Modules/Multi-Language-Content-Editor.aspx

but without installing an additional module.

May 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Edited May 6, 2010 at 1:55 PM

So I did get it right, try this: http://ealo.codeplex.com/

That's a similar module... but free... it hasn't been updated I don't think it will, but I have it working on 5.x so I guess that will do what you wan't nad of course you can still use WatchersNET CKEditor™ Provider has your default html Editor Provider, which in my opinion is the best you have for DNN.

Hope that's what you're looking for!

May 6, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I think there is still an misunderstanding the Language Changer of the CKEditor demo site will only change the editor UI Lanuage NOT the Content of the Editor, i dont see a reason why but if you want this i can make this possible.

The Module from DNNCentric is different because the module Provides the ML Content NOT the Editor

May 6, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I'm sorry, I was wrong. The CKEditor provides only the UI language selection, not the content selection. This of course is nonsens inside the DNN environment ...
Thank you Ingo and Mike!