Toolbars and browser permission for roles

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Hi,

I seem to be having a problem with toolbars being assigned to roles with the provider. I have a user that is a member of multiple roles (Registered Users, Content Owner, Subscriber). If I assign the Full toolbar to Content Owner and the Subscriber has the Basic toolbar assigned, the user in question will get the Basic toolbar, not the Full toolbar. If I allow Subscriber to use the Full toolbar, then it is available to my user.

Another problem I have found with the allowed roles for the file browser, I only have Administrators checked but my user can browse the server.

Thanks for this great provider, overall I find it works very well.

Dan

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Ok first the Browser Rights Problem, its seems the web.config setting overides the browser setting if the user is not role for the Browser. I have fixed that for the next release, that if the user has no rights, cannot see the browser.

The other "known" issue  with the toolbars is a big problem for me because i have still no solution, for the scenario when a user is part of multiple roles. Because there is no indication what the highest role is. If you have an idea let me know.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I was thinking to assign a priority to the toolbar itself. Full = 1 Basic = 9 for example. After parsing through the roles, assign the toolbar that received the highest priority. If new toolbars are created, it would need a way to enter the toolbar priority. I did try to do this but I am not that good with C# code.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Yes this could be a good option to solve this issue.

Aug 7, 2010 at 11:36 AM

New Version is Online!

You can now give every Toolbar a Priority from 1-20. Thats also means there can be only 20 Toolbars defined and used. But finally thats solves the Problem

my-dnn.de/Dy8k6

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Thanks very much. I appreciate all your work on this.