"You are Not Authorized" when using the file browser

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Hello,

When I try and access the WatchersNET CKEditor's file browser for either image insertion or document linking I get a "You are Not Authorized" message. Since I am using the host account, I am not sure why I am getting this message.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Christopher Koeber

P.S. This is separate from the other issue I described.

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:18 PM

The authorization is currently stored in the httpcontext session, when it expires (This will happen only when you wait some time before opening the browser) you get that message. I changed that for the next release to use the dnn cache. I think that will fix that issue.

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I still have this error in version 1.12.07

So I don't think the dnn chache fixes this.

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Did you get this every time you open The Browser?

I think when dnn app is restarting the dnn cache is cleared.

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Edited Feb 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I changed the logic completely, no it access directly to the Provider Settings to Check if the User has Access.

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I have the same thing: administratorx gets the "You are not authorized"-message and is logged out, administratorY is able to upload.

Dnn version 5.6.0, editor version 1.12.14

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:28 PM
keston wrote:

I have the same thing: administratorx gets the "You are not authorized"-message and is logged out, administratorY is able to upload.

Dnn version 5.6.0, editor version 1.12.14

Of course when administratorx is logged out he has no access to the file browser.

Jul 19, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I mean: when administratorx tries to upload, he gets the You are not authorized-message and is suddenly logged out.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM

any more thoughts?

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:36 PM

are both admins in the same role? Did this also happens when adminx opens the file-browser?

Currently i can not reproduce this.

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:43 AM
tha_watcha wrote:

are both admins in the same role? Did this also happens when adminx opens the file-browser?

Currently i can not reproduce this.

Yes, both in same role, administratorx can open filebrowser but when trying to upload gets logged out; administratory has no issues...

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Did adminx tries to upload from the Upload dialog inside the editor link/image popup or from the file browser?

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:54 AM
tha_watcha wrote:

Did adminx tries to upload from the Upload dialog inside the editor link/image popup or from the file browser?

adminx gets logged out only when trying to upload from within filebrowser. Uploading from link/image popup works fine.

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:21 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jul 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I have a similar problem. I have a portal with some sub portals, in the portal all works fine, but in the subportals only the host user works fine, when the other users click on search on server button they have "You are Not Authorized!" and then logged out.

I am using the dnn 04.08.04, and the CKHtmlEditorProvider_1.14.05.

Thank you for your help.

Alessandro Capesciotti

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM
CapeAle wrote:

I have a similar problem. I have a portal with some sub portals, in the portal all works fine, but in the subportals only the host user works fine, when the other users click on search on server button they have "You are Not Authorized!" and then logged out.

I am using the dnn 04.08.04, and the CKHtmlEditorProvider_1.14.05.

Thank you for your help.

Alessandro Capesciotti

Is this Browser Specific or did it happen only with Internet Explorer, it could be the same problem as the issue reported here:

http://dnnckeditor.codeplex.com/workitem/6976

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM

The new beta version works fine.

Thank you very much for your help

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM
CapeAle wrote:

The new beta version works fine.

Thank you very much for your help

Cool thx for your feedback.

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:32 PM
Hi,

I'm getting this very same error when I click the Custom Editor Options link. I am running DNN 7.1.2 and the following is the error message in the log file.

2016-03-16 11:26:09,808 [DNNUATPRD1][Thread:305][FATAL] DotNetNuke.Framework.PageBase - An error has occurred while loading page.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.get_CurrentOrSelectedTabId()
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.BindOptionsData(Boolean reloadOptionsfromModule)
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
2016-03-16 11:26:09,808 [DNNUATPRD1][Thread:305][ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - ~/Default.aspx?tabid=41&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.get_CurrentOrSelectedTabId()
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.BindOptionsData(Boolean reloadOptionsfromModule)
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)