Security on links

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Hi,

In DNN4 there was a possibility to add a linkclick on a url to a file.

It was some sort of security so don't have to show the direct url to the file to visit it.

Is there something like that in CKEditor? Or is there a way to add this in the CKEditor as an option when creating a link?

Maybe at the same place of relative and absolute url?

Choices will be: relative / absolute / secured

Regards,

Ely

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I could add this, but currently i have some problems getting it to work. the url generating already works but not the urls itself. I have to find a way how that works, before i can add it.

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:34 AM

You might find some inspiration in the file "fckimagegallery.aspx.vb" of the FCK editor provider.

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Finally i got it working, will be included in the next release.

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Great! I've downloaded it from SVN. Trying to test it, but having troubles with your new function HasBrowserAccess().  It always gives false and the function looks rather difficult to understand what is does or suppose to do.

The Host.GetHostSettingsDictionary() returns a list that has 81 items of which several contain the string "DNNCKP#1#" while the sPortalKey is currently set to "DNNCKP#2#".  Maybe that might be a clue for you what is going wrong?

I'll try to bypass this issue now by have it return true all the time.

HasBrowserAccess
Feb 20, 2011 at 7:37 AM

That happens because there are now settings saved yet.

Quick Fix: Go to Custom Editor Options  and save, and reload the Editor Page, then it should work.

I updated the Release also svn, this issue is fixed now.