Set Default Upload Path

Jun 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Is there a way to set the default upload path for images using the CKEditor Provider? There was a way to do it in the old FCKEditor Provider. If there is not a way, is this something that will be implemented in the future?

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Currently it is not possible, all uploads going to the Portal Home Directory.

But i can make settings to set default Image and Link Upload Path.

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:20 PM

That would be great! Is there an option (that i'm possibly overlooking) to force plain text pasting? I know in the old FCK Editor config.js file you could set that as an option. It would be great if this was implemented as well.

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:51 PM

You can still use the old config setting config.forcePasteAsPlainText = true; in the config.js \Providers\HtmlEditorProviders\CKEditor

Jun 13, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Thanks for the tip and also for allowing a default upload path. 

I do have one question though. I understand the default upload path being used in the Upload tab in the Image Properties dialogue, but is there a way to set it so that default folder is the folder that is displayed in the file browser when they click Browse Server?

If they choose Browse Server to see if a file they need has been uploaded, it shows them the root of the portal. We would need this to be a designated folder that we set and they can't level up on (for example, Portals/0/editors/). All their files and images would be in this folder or subfolders within that folder and that's all that group would be able to see. They would not be able to see anything above that, such as /Portals/0 or /Portals/Templates)

I hope this makes sense and any direction you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Yes it makes sense i will add an Option to choose the root File Browser Path.

But did you know that there is a Setting called "Use Subdirs for non Admins (..\Portals\0\userfiles\username)?". If its on a user can only see that folder, and upload files to it. But i guess you didn't want it to be user specific .

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Yeah, I did not ice that, but unfortunately we need files to be visible by multiple users/roles so individual folders would not work. 

Thank you so much for all your help.

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:56 PM

New Version is out, you can now define the root folder for the File Browser.

Jun 27, 2011 at 4:18 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Thanks for your work. Unfortunately, I am unable to install it. This is the error I'm getting when installing the 5.3 package 

Error reading the zip package - see below

StartJob Reading Installation Manifest file
Info Reading Package Manifest - Provider - DotNetNuke.CKHtmlEditorProvider
Info Reading Component Manifest - Assembly
Info Found valid path (bin) for WatchersNET.CKEditor.dll.
Info Reading Component Manifest - ResourceFile
Info Found valid path () for Resources.zip.
Info Found valid path () for Resources.zip.
Info Reading Component Manifest - File
Failure File specified in the dnn could not be found in the zip file: - C:\inetpub\vhosts\example.com\httpdocs\Install\Temp\1us3g3na\LogoCKEditor.png
Info Reading Component Manifest - Config

(test environment domain replaced with example.com)

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:18 AM

sorry, i updated the download package. Should be fixed. Please Redownload