Links, Browse server > Pages First

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Hi Ingo,

I have been looking for a way to make the "Page Link" tab the default to open after you clicked "Browse Server" but did not find a way to do that.
(Used on a page with lots of images in the root, it takes a while before you can select a link, especially compared to the RAD Editor)

Is that possible?

Thanks, Timo

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I can make a setting that shows the Page Link tab first.

It tooks so long before you can select a link because after you selected the link all the page anchors will be parsed. Maybe i add an option to disable that function, That would increase the loading time.

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Oh, I thought it was the images in the root folder... Anyway, anything that would speed things up would make a difference.

A setting to make the page tab show first would be nice, thanks, Timo

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Ah ok you mean the loading of the Images, that takes a bit longer because on the first loading the thumbnails for each image are generated, when you load the same folder it should be much faster.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM

It still seems quite slow if there are a lot of large images in the root folder (we are currently changing a lot of link on a site and then every second counts ;-)
Being able to se the page link as default would solve that as it would only show the images if you want to link to a file?

Thanks Timo

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Ok new version is out with New Setting "Show Page Link Tab First" also a setting to enable/disable thumbnail generating by default it turns off. The Image are resized via css (It Should be much faster now)

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Ok, great! Thanks.

Timo

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:23 AM

BTW, I see now that the "Show Page Links Tab First: "<input id="ckeditoroptions_AutoCreateFileThumbNails" name="ckeditoroptions$AutoCreateFileThumbNails" type="checkbox" /> checkbox is visible twice

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM

its was only the wrong label text. I replaced the downloads its fixed now.