File browser question

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Hi Ingo,

The image browser with the editor, is that the default file browser of the CK editor?
AFAIR it's plugable, right?
(I switched a client to the new editor, they like it but liked the images overview in FCK better, because it showed more icons in one view, less scrolling)

Thanks, Timo

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM

No CKEditor has no file/Image browser included. There is only the CKFinder addon which is not free. Thats why built the file manager for dnn from scratch. You can use ckfinder, installation is described on the documentation page. It has the same image overview like the old fckeditor one, but it doesnt use the dnn file api.

I think it would be a good idea to implement an option just like on a windows explorer to easily switch between different views. But that require a few modifications in order to get it to work, i implement that in the next days

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Ok, it's amazing how quick you respond to things like this.
I really appreciate your contribution to the community!

With a switch between different views you mean "list, details, small icons, large icons"?

That would be really cool!

Thanks, Timo

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2012 at 12:23 PM
timo_design wrote:

Ok, it's amazing how quick you respond to things like this.
I really appreciate your contribution to the community!

With a switch between different views you mean "list, details, small icons, large icons"?

That would be really cool!

Thanks, Timo

Yes something like that ..

- Details is the current View

- List would be without thumbnails just a list with icons

- small icons without thumbnails 

- large icons with thumbnails

With the help of jquery i can build this without post backs to switch the views.

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Ok, cool.

I have one suggestion:
If you render the items as divs and you would only switch the class for the main container using jQuery to:

CkEdit_FileList, CkEdit_FileDetails, CkEdit_FileIcons

Or something alike

That would allow 2 things.

A. Set how the list is renderd using one stylesheet (no styling in HTML or javascript, only in CSS)

B. It would allow skinners to overwrite the way the list is rendered if needed.

I trust you'll be able to handle this yourself, but if you would need any help, let me know.

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM

New BETA Version is online (I increased the Version Number to 1.12.22, so you dont have any problems upgrading, the final version will be 1.13.00)

There are now 3 Differnt Views..

The Default One "Detail View"

DetailView

The Default One "List View"

ListView

The Default One "Icons View"

IconsView

The File List is an nested list ul, pressing one of the Buttons to change the view simply change the css class of the ul element.

Next Step i add an Setting where you can decide which is the default view.

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Great addition, Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Final Version is now online, you can now set the default view in the settings

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Ok, cool. Thanks