How to change default editor size?

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Hi. For code snippet, I changed default Rad editor to CKEditor yesterday. But with DNN 6.2 default skin (Darkknight), CKEidor is too large when editing HTML contents, so scrollbar is appeared. How to change default editor size?, Im using DNN 6.2 community edition and latest CKEditor.

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2012 at 6:52 AM

By default the Editor Size is provided by the Module that shows the Editor, but you can override that value in the Editor Settings.

Bellow the Editor you find a Link to the "Custom Editor Options", when you logged in with an Host Account. On that Editor Options Page you can define the Editor Width and Height.

Feb 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM

oh-, thanks for reply :)

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

ummm- Custom Editor option's Editor Width does not work for me. Though I changed Editor Width, editor appearance is not changed. When i click "Close toolbar", editor's width is shrunk a bit. 

Additionally, When i create hyperlink to other pages, "Loading Page and Parsing Anchors." is not complete when i click + button for level 2 pages.

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM
kkc0923 wrote:

ummm- Custom Editor option's Editor Width does not work for me. Though I changed Editor Width, editor appearance is not changed. When i click "Close toolbar", editor's width is shrunk a bit.

Additionally, When i create hyperlink to other pages, "Loading Page and Parsing Anchors." is not complete when i click + button for level 2 pages.

Yes i noticed the width doesnt change only the height value works. Its actually a bug (or design flaw) of the editor itself.

I tried a workaround to make it work, I added BETA Version 1.13.02 to downloads Page. It should work now. Also the other Problem with the Anchor loading message is fixed.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I tested 1.13.02, and checked bug which related editor's width is fixed. but there is still bug which related PageLink Anchor loading message. The message doesn't disappear. 

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM
kkc0923 wrote:

I tested 1.13.02, and checked bug which related editor's width is fixed. but there is still bug which related PageLink Anchor loading message. The message doesn't disappear.

Sorry i though this was also fixed on dnn 6. Please re-download the beta, now it should be fixed.

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Works perfectly! Thanks :)