Edits within Syntax Highlighter "Adds" spacers

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

First of all, love this provider and so glad to see continued support for it.  I was particularly excited the implementation of the syntax highlighter for code snippets as I'd like to use it in a technical community.  (Currently we implement our own version of SH).  

One thing I noticed was when I go back and edit a post that has code in it (clicking in the code PRE block and using the "Code" toolbar item when I save it's adding in additional <p>nbsp;</p> at the top of the content (DNN 6.1.3).  Didn't know if there is a way to adjust that.

Also, any way to show the highlighted syntax in the edit textbox?  So many of these posts will be in forums and our wiki and people often go back and make updates to code.  It would be so nice to show the pre block within the editor.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Airstream345 wrote:

First of all, love this provider and so glad to see continued support for it.  I was particularly excited the implementation of the syntax highlighter for code snippets as I'd like to use it in a technical community.  (Currently we implement our own version of SH).

One thing I noticed was when I go back and edit a post that has code in it (clicking in the code PRE block and using the "Code" toolbar item when I save it's adding in additional <p>nbsp;</p> at the top of the content (DNN 6.1.3).  Didn't know if there is a way to adjust that.

Also, any way to show the highlighted syntax in the edit textbox?  So many of these posts will be in forums and our wiki and people often go back and make updates to code.  It would be so nice to show the pre block within the editor.

Regarding the exta <p>nbsp;</p>. By default the editor wraps all content with p tags. The only way to avoid that is to changing the enter mode to br

http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html#.enterMode

I tried to enable the syntax highlighting in the editor but its not directly possible to load the script to the editor iframe. The only thing i can do is make a border around the pre element, so if you edit the content you better see box.