Browser the Server option not working

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Wondering does this string look correct?  Why would the page not load anymore?  I was pretty sure this had been working at some point but not clear on what could have caused it not to work any more.  The browser just keeps trying to search for the page

http://mywebsite/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CKEditor/Browser/Browser.aspx?Type=Image&tabid=178&porid=1&mid=47337&ckid=txtContent&mode=Portal&CKEditor=dnn_ctr47337_EditHTML_txtContent_txtContent&CKEditorFuncNum=2&langCode=en

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I guess maybe it takes a good min to load because I left it running and finally something came up.  When I first installed don't remeber this taking all that long and wondering what setting in the config could cause it to load much slower?  Thanks

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Did The folder contains lot of files? You could try to turn off thumbnails in the Options, or decrease the Page Size to only show a few files per page instead of the default one 20. On other thing why the loading can took time is that the current selected folder is sync with the file system before its loaded to make sure all files are shown, but that shouldnt take too much time.

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Thanks for getting back. Yes we have lots of files and this is just our test enviroment 9,306 Files, 742 Folders.  So if we start with the root of main portal it will sync all the folders below?  That might be what is killing my load.

It is just strange that I looked at this the first time I load the provider and I did not think it seem to take all the much time.  But then I had issues with saving so I loaded the newest beta 3 version that you posted.

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

No it only syncs the current folder just like the regular file manager inside dnn, maybe the filemanger inside dnn took the same to load. I check if i can optimize the code to load faster.

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I tested with the changes you recomend but no luck. I set "File List Page Size" to only 5 images and removed "Auto Create Image Thumbnails for Preview" .  I also tested to make sure the normal DNN file manager is still working which it does with no long delays.  I kept an eye on resources when I click the browse server button and it spikes to CPU 50% steady until it finally loads.  Once the popup loads everything seems to flow pretty well.  We also have a bunch of roles in our website but I have not selected any other rolls yet.  Could that be an issue? 

The real issue I think has to deal with the syncing.  I wonder if that is an option where it is defaulted on if that could fix the problems.  Most of our user can't upload currently so this would not be that big of a deal. I am going to try looking at your source to see if I can figure out how to comment that part out and build the project to see if that idea is a solution to the long load times.

We currently use fckeditor on 5.6.0 and having more issues with new version of the browsers so trying to get the editor to work in our system.  This is much better than the current RadEditor!  Thanks for all the hard work.

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I am currently stepping through the code trying to understand what is going on but have noticed that this.renderTabs(); in page_load inside of browser.aspx.cs seems to take a very longtime to run on .  I have only been looking at the code for a little bit of time.  I tried removing a bunch of my folders to see if the times imporved but does not seem to make a big change.  Might need to get it down to just two folder.

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Do you have a lot of tabs, i could change the code that the tabs are only rendered when the Select Page Link is visible instead of loading it on the page load.

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Yes we do have lots of tabs.  I was not clear on what that was for when I was looking over the code on Fri afternoon.  Thanks for taking a look at this for us.  I will try this am to see what happens if that section is just commented out and let you know if that speeds things up.

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I just did one round of tests and just comment out that section of code dealing with the tabs and it works so much better.  I am going to try putting back some of my files since I was thinking the overall size of my portal folder was the issues. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I uploaded a new 1.14.02 BETA Version The Rendering of the Tabs are no longer done in the Page Load, and moved to the point where the tabs are shown. Please check if possible if its now faster.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I just installed and that is working much better.  In our version I am planning on removing the tab option because our users can't pick from all those pages and it still pretty slow but the image browser is working.  As a side note I also removed the sourcecode coloring option because it was causing save errors.  When I have more time I can look at it in more detail.  Thanks for the help and changes.

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Yes the Syntax Highlighting is the reason why this version is in beta, until i resolve all issues. If you can tell me which module is causing the problem or how can i reproduce the problem i might can help solve it.