customize link plugin

May 10, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I have implemented the ckEditor in my CMS. Now I want to customize the link plugin, that when the users chooses "other" protocol an dropdown appears where they can choose the page where to link to...

Is there anyone who has done this before or who can help me do this?

May 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Do you want to link to a page inside dnn, for that there is already a solution if you enable browser access. If you click on the "Browse Server" Button you can select a file or a page from the site.

May 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM

No it's not really on the server. The user can add articles to a website. And from the ckEditor they must have the possibility to link to one of those articles. this is done by given an id in the querystring (eg artikel.aspx?artikel=1).

May 11, 2012 at 12:39 AM
ElsNijs wrote:

No it's not really on the server. The user can add articles to a website. And from the ckEditor they must have the possibility to link to one of those articles. this is done by given an id in the querystring (eg artikel.aspx?artikel=1).

Ok when the links are from a Different Site the Only way would be that the user enters the Url, of the article.

May 11, 2012 at 9:18 AM

all the articles are in the database, but i'm searching for a possibilty that the user can link in a text to an article, and if it's possible I was thinking about loading the articles from the database in a dropdown and that the user can choose the article from the dropdown...

May 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Sure this would be possible. There is a sample Plugin included, which does exactly that what you want for the Ventrian NewsArticles Module.