Error when Trying to Add Image

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Everything was working fine on my portal and one day I tried to insert a photo to a page and also use the link feature to link text to a url and I got the following error.  This error happened after i clicked on the Browse Server button to choose my image.

This was working fine for several months and then just began giving me this error out of the blue.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

WatchersNET.CKEditor.Browser.Browser.FolderIsSecure(String folderPath) +168

WatchersNET.CKEditor.Browser.Browser.RenderFolder(FolderInfo folderInfo) +178

System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +151

System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +154

WatchersNET.CKEditor.Browser.Browser.FillFolderTree(String path) +730

WatchersNET.CKEditor.Browser.Browser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1507

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Jun 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM
dgambino wrote:

Everything was working fine on my portal and one day I tried to insert a photo to a page and also use the link feature to link text to a url and I got the following error.  This error happened after i clicked on the Browse Server button to choose my image.

This was working fine for several months and then just began giving me this error out of the blue.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

WatchersNET.CKEditor.Browser.Browser.FolderIsSecure(String folderPath) +168

WatchersNET.CKEditor.Browser.Browser.RenderFolder(FolderInfo folderInfo) +178

System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +151

System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +154

WatchersNET.CKEditor.Browser.Browser.FillFolderTree(String path) +730

WatchersNET.CKEditor.Browser.Browser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1507

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Strange tecnically all exceptions should be handled in this area.

Which dnn Version and Which CK Editor Provider Version did you use?

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Here is the DNN version: 05.06.03 (45)

Here is the CK Editor Provider Version:    1.12.15

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM
dgambino wrote:

Here is the DNN version: 05.06.03 (45)

Here is the CK Editor Provider Version:    1.12.15

If the error occurs every time you should consider upgrading to the latest Version of the Provider

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Do you have any other guidance besides that?

On Jul 1, 2012 8:19 AM, "tha_watcha" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

dgambino wrote:

Here is the DNN version: 05.06.03 (45)

Here is the CK Editor Provider Version: 1.12.15

If the error occurs every time you should consider upgrading to the latest Version of the Provider

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dnnckeditor@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dnnckeditor@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Will this latest version cause any conflicts with DNN 5.06.03?

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM
dgambino wrote:

Will this latest version cause any conflicts with DNN 5.06.03?

There are a few tiny bugs which are fixed in the latest BETA of 1.14.06 besides from that upgrading should be painless.