Configuring CKEditor 1.14.6

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:49 AM

I just loaded this editor onto my DNN 5.6.3 test site.  The toolbar doesn't collapse to fit the width of the window - it forces the edit window to be extremely wide, so you have to scroll to the right to use all the features.  I tried to drag the sections down into a multi line toolbar but it doesn't work.  How can I make it do this?

Also, is there some way to make it a color other than black?  I hate black, it's very hard to read against a black background.

Sep 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM
hedera wrote:

I just loaded this editor onto my DNN 5.6.3 test site.  The toolbar doesn't collapse to fit the width of the window - it forces the edit window to be extremely wide, so you have to scroll to the right to use all the features.  I tried to drag the sections down into a multi line toolbar but it doesn't work.  How can I make it do this?

Also, is there some way to make it a color other than black?  I hate black, it's very hard to read against a black background.

The Editor width and Height is set in the Module where the Editor is displayed. However you can change the size from the Editor Settings and override the Setting for the whole Portal / for just the page/ or for the module instance only.

If you don't like the theme simply choose a different one in the options

You can find the Options bellow the Editor (When logged in as Host) there is a Link "Custom Editor Options" which opens the Options Window

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Thanks very much - I must not have been logged in as Host.  Got it configured to my liking.