Insert Html Code plugin for media embedding

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I use a really convenient insert html plugin in the ckeditor. It's called Insert Html Code plugin and can be found here http://code.google.com/p/lajox/downloads/list?q=label:inserthtml

You might want to consider adding it to your provider because it is a great alternative to adding media embed codes when they're not compatible with the current media embed plugin that you have for embedding YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo etc. Most of my website users don't know how or where to add html when going through the source, so the insert html button helps them a lot.

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:37 AM
mike3411 wrote:

I use a really convenient insert html plugin in the ckeditor. It's called Insert Html Code plugin and can be found here http://code.google.com/p/lajox/downloads/list?q=label:inserthtml

You might want to consider adding it to your provider because it is a great alternative to adding media embed codes when they're not compatible with the current media embed plugin that you have for embedding YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo etc. Most of my website users don't know how or where to add html when going through the source, so the insert html button helps them a lot.

i don't think its necessary to include such a plugin. The oEmbed support over 100 sites, and you only have to enter the url to the link and not the html code which is a lot more easier. And if a site is not supported i can easily add it to the plugin.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Yeah, most people wouldn't need an extra button to embed media and it's probably not worth it but it's good for those rare occasions when you have to insert a custom embed code from a site like chipin.com or a paypal button for example, that's why I use it.

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:50 PM
mike3411 wrote:

Yeah, most people wouldn't need an extra button to embed media and it's probably not worth it but it's good for those rare occasions when you have to insert a custom embed code from a site like chipin.com or a paypal button for example, that's why I use it.

Sorry but i still dont see the need for such a plugin. For common users want to add youtube videos or other similiar content which is covered by my oEmbed Plugin. Those People who want to add such rare things like a paypal button, know how to click on the source button and add the source html directly.

And regular People should not have access to the source at all or the a Html Insert Plugin, because there would be always the possiblity that a user could inject malicious code.