Need absolute URLs

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Using DNN 6.2.1 and latest CKEditor Provider 1.14.06 http://dnnckeditor.codeplex.com/releases/view/93392 ...

We have a need to create absolute URLs by default because the content will be sent in an email.  I see that there are options when navigating to a file but if the file is secure then it automatically creates a relative secure URL.  It would be helpful to have an option to make all URLs absolute like in the old FCK editor or at least have an option for "Absolute Secured URL".  Better yet in the LinkBuilder dialog add an option for absolute so that if you copy & paste in the URL you can tell it not to change the link.

I have also noticed that when trying to link to some modules sub-pages, the relative link builder messes up the link when you copy/paste.  It would be helpful in these situations to have a way to override relative links.

If this is already possible from some setting/procedure then please advise.

Thanks! 

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM
weldonr30 wrote:

Using DNN 6.2.1 and latest CKEditor Provider 1.14.06 http://dnnckeditor.codeplex.com/releases/view/93392 ...

We have a need to create absolute URLs by default because the content will be sent in an email.  I see that there are options when navigating to a file but if the file is secure then it automatically creates a relative secure URL.  It would be helpful to have an option to make all URLs absolute like in the old FCK editor or at least have an option for "Absolute Secured URL".  Better yet in the LinkBuilder dialog add an option for absolute so that if you copy & paste in the URL you can tell it not to change the link.

I have also noticed that when trying to link to some modules sub-pages, the relative link builder messes up the link when you copy/paste.  It would be helpful in these situations to have a way to override relative links.

If this is already possible from some setting/procedure then please advise.

Thanks!

i forgot to add the "Absolute Secured URL", i add it in the next release.

Regarding to the Links get converted in the link plugin dialog, it is a feature of that plugin. And it seems to me that there is no option to disable this, without modifying the source and recompile the editor. The only way to resolve this would be to request this as option on the CKEditor website on the Tracker.