Why so many scrollbars on the Editor Settings page?

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Why are there so many scrollbars on the Editor page? (DNN7)

At a quick glance, all of the following have inline height set:
BrowserSetTab
SettingsBox
MainSetTab etc

What is the reasoning for this?
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
bradbamford wrote:
Why are there so many scrollbars on the Editor page? (DNN7)

At a quick glance, all of the following have inline height set:

BrowserSetTab

SettingsBox

MainSetTab etc

What is the reasoning for this?
Very simple reason because the settings page for the editor provider is mainly accessible as popup window, which you access from the link bellow the editor. In that case it looks much better with scrolling only the settings instead of the whole page. Of course it's a different case on the actually settings page in the host menu, but because its an clone of the popup I kept the same look.
Feb 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Thanks for the response. I understand where you are coming from now.

It seems the settings are changed via Javascript (maybe based on window size), so I had to hard code !important in the CSS to override it.

Also, is there any way to use the site's jQuery UI css for the tabs and such instead of blitzer, or even use smoothness instead since it's more generic.
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM
bradbamford wrote:
It seems the settings are changed via Javascript (maybe based on window size), so I had to hard code !important in the CSS to override it.
Yes thats correct, but i don't think i change that anytime soon. I dont think two scrollbars are such a problem

bradbamford wrote:
Also, is there any way to use the site's jQuery UI css for the tabs and such instead of blitzer, or even use smoothness instead since it's more generic.
I am thinking of moving to the dnn default ux. But there are two problems here.
  1. current solution allows me to style the popup settings window and the settings page the same. If i change it to the dnn jquery ui i have to maintain two solutions.
  2. the jquery-ui tab script of dnn is much much slower when switching the tabs, until this isn't resolved i don't change it.
What i could do is add a setting where you select the jquery-ui theme for the settings page and the file browser.