Smiley location url

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:16 AM
So I would like to specify our own collection of emoticons. I see in the editor config area that I can specify a location, image name and file name.

Can someone tell me for the location, can I use relative url and if so what format?

Once again thank you and thanks for this editor. I have heard about it in the new active forum discussions, decided to try it and love it.
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2013 at 5:08 AM
supermansrf wrote:
So I would like to specify our own collection of emoticons. I see in the editor config area that I can specify a location, image name and file name.

Can someone tell me for the location, can I use relative url and if so what format?

Once again thank you and thanks for this editor. I have heard about it in the new active forum discussions, decided to try it and love it.
Take a look at the editor config documentation. you dont need to specify the path this is set to "...\HtmlEditorProviders\CKEditor\plugins\smiley\images".

If you want to add more emoticons you need to manually put them there. and define the description and add it to the array list of Smiley_Description

The Default list is
 ['smiley', 'sad', 'wink', 'laugh', 'frown', 'cheeky', 'blush', 'surprise', 'indecision', 'angry', 'angel', 'cool', 'devil', 'crying', 'enlightened', 'no','yes', 'heart', 'broken heart', 'kiss', 'mail']
and add the image name to the Smily_Images array list:
['regular_smile.gif', 'sad_smile.gif', 'wink_smile.gif', 'teeth_smile.gif', 'confused_smile.gif', 'tongue_smile.gif', 'embarrassed_smile.gif', 'omg_smile.gif', 'whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif', 'angry_smile.gif', 'angel_smile.gif', 'shades_smile.gif', 'devil_smile.gif', 'cry_smile.gif', 'lightbulb.gif', 'thumbs_down.gif', 'thumbs_up.gif', 'heart.gif', 'broken_heart.gif', 'kiss.gif', 'envelope.gif']
Mar 15, 2014 at 5:00 AM
So I asked this originally a while back. I have attempted to do this again now with the new version. I'm doing something wrong.

There is no default anything when I go into the config area of ckeditor. The boxes for smilies is empty. If I want to add a new list, can you tell me what I'm supposed to put in each box? I'm missing something.

I have looked at the tooltips and it does tell me if I want to change the default path I can and to end in a / but what is the format to put the new smilies in there?

Ideally I would like to not use the existing ones and add new ones. So I think that creating a new folder would be good. Also do i have to include descriptions for the smilies? Is it necessary? Or can you point me to some documentation that discusses this? I found some documents but it discusses editing the config.js file. WHen I look in there, it doesn't reference any files, only [A] which I would assume is some sort of token.

Thanks in advance
Mar 22, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Bump - any thoughts or direction on this?
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Sorry didnt have much time lately. Only a few hours a week on a pc.
There is no default anything when I go into the config area of ckeditor. The boxes for smilies is empty. If I want to add a new list, can you tell me what I'm supposed to put in each box? I'm missing something.
If the boxes are empty the default values are used. On top of the Editor config tab you find a link to the documentation where every config is described

http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/api/CKEDITOR.config-cfg-smiley_descriptions