Finder/browse server issue

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM
I'm really hoping someone can help me figure this out. I have CK editor installed on a portal running DNN 6.1.5. I have a few issues preventing me from upgrading it any further for the time being.

We love the editor, however the person who does the most design for us is experiencing an issue. I've been able to duplicate it on a different machine with a different host login (tried on PC and Mac as well). Everything works very well until you go to insert an image and use the browse server function. Clicking on that button generates a new window as it should, but it takes FOREVER to load, then doing anything inside that window is very slow as well.

The site is rather large with a large database as well (11gb docs and 700mb db file). We have a dedicated server and everything else runs relatively quick. I experience the same lags when trying to edit the CKEditor settings in host > HTML editor also.

Do you have any ideas? We are using CKEditor 2.00.04. I did just notice that we have an old Telerik provider (5.6.3) installed still. Any chance thats causing issues anywhere?

Also, what happens if I upgrade to 2.00.05 beta? Will I lose settings?

Thanks in advance.
Apr 6, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Also, I just tried the export settings button, and nothing happens? Should it? The page reloads after I press it, moves back to the top of the screen, but I'm waiting on some sort of download or a file to click on and save? Am I doing something wrong?
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM
supermansrf wrote:
Do you have any ideas? We are using CKEditor 2.00.04. I did just notice that we have an old Telerik provider (5.6.3) installed still. Any chance thats causing issues anywhere?
supermansrf wrote:
The site is rather large with a large database as well (11gb docs and 700mb db file).
That should be the problem, if you portal directory has huge amount of files. Does the DNN Filemanager runs fast (Under Admin -> File Manager)?

I created about 15 gb of images and now the file manager is really slow.

I don't i can do anything about this, which such large amount of files.

supermansrf wrote:
Also, what happens if I upgrade to 2.00.05 beta? Will I lose settings?
No you want lose the settings but this will also not fix the issue you have.

supermansrf wrote:
Also, I just tried the export settings button, and nothing happens? Should it? The page reloads after I press it, moves back to the top of the screen, but I'm waiting on some sort of download or a file to click on and save? Am I doing something wrong?
It should open an jquery UI Dialog. Does this Happen on the Options PopUp Page or under Host -> HTML Editor Manager? Are there any Javascript errors?