Proper Configuration for Custom Toolbar for Easy Upgrades

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Can you please reply back with any guidance as to the best way to configure a custom toolbar that will be used in multiple child portals?

I would like to be able to easily update this provider and make sure i am not writing over any files or settings during the upgrade process.
Oct 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Can you please reply back with any guidance as to the best way to configure a custom toolbar that will be used in multiple child portals?
As i wrote in the issue thread you opened the the file in the folder ..\Portals_default\CKToolbarSets.xml isi the default file which will be copied to the portal home directory when a new child portal is created, or when you launch the editor for the first time in a portal.

If you make any changes to that files after the file is created in the child portal they are not automatically applied. if you want to apply the changes to all child portals, you would need to delete the file in the child portals. After they deleted they are automatically copied again (but you can also do it manually).
I would like to be able to easily update this provider and make sure i am not writing over any files or settings during the upgrade process.
But be aware that the xmls in the _default folder will be overridden during the upgrade process.