Cannot upload image files to a folder using FileUpload in DotNetNuke

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I have searched and searched trying to find out why when I click the submit button on my Form, all my data goes into the DB Table, but the image file I have chosen and clicked "Upload" goes nowhere. I have checked the permissions on the folder in File Manager. I have set the extension types. I have set the path for the FileUpload to upload to, which is "~/IDCardPhotos/". I have tried it with the back slash as well and it doesn't work either. I have also tried it without the "~". No matter what I try, it doesn't work. I have read documentation and forums for hours now and I cannot seem to find the correct answer. Also, if you know how to capture the file path and write it to the database instead of just the file name that would be great too. Thank you in advance for any help.
Jun 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Sorry but this is the wrong place, i don't see how that is related to the ckeditor provider
Jun 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I apologize, "tha_watcha"! You would think that being a Coordinator, as is states on your identifier, that you would try to give out a little more helpful information and try to make people feel welcome and continue to want to use this site. Instead you feel like it is your duty to bemean an individual for all the world to see. When I registered to use this site and clicked on the "Start Thread" link, it did not give me an option to chose a category to place my question under. This would seem to be something you would be more interested in finding out to help make this a better forum in which individuals could come and actually find information and answers to the issue(s) they are having! It just so happens that I work for a very large enterprise and I will be sure and share my experience with "tha_watcha!" on DNN CodePlex. Have a great day!
Jun 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Weil i think there is a huge misunderstanding here, i am not a coordinator for dnn and this is not the dnn project page. I'm only the coordinator for my dnn modules such as the dnn ckeditor provider, and this is the project page you are currently on.

The right place to ask your question would probably the dnn forum on the dnn website.

Beside that the my problem is I can't help you do to the fact that I don't have enough time to answer all questions because I work 12-20 Hours 7 days a week on my day jobs. And on open source projects I can only work on my limited free time.
Jun 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Dude this is uncalled for. This guy donated his time (alone) to a free project. He isn't your DNN tech support. He simply said that your problem doesn't sound specific to his module rather another problem which it sounds like he is spot on. While you are
at it (handing out inferiority cards amongst the IT community) put in a bad word for me too. You are lucky you even got a response. Your problem is that you have made a custom form that isn't uploading whatever file you are referring to. That has nothing to
do with ckeditor and the reason that the creator of dnnnckeditor said it wasn't something he could help you with. Nowhere in his answer did he say anything mean or out of line. Just because you didn't get the answer you wanted doesn't mean to roast the help.
Here is some constructive criticism. Go post your problem to DNN forums. See what kind of help you get there.
Jun 4, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Well supermansrf, what is uncalled for is you sticking your nose where it doesn't belong! "tha_watcha" placed a response and I could have responded to it accordingly. I'm a big enough man that I can admit when I'm wrong, especially when nobody on here knows me or has seen my face. So for you to get your panties all in a wad over something that wasn't even directed towards you says maybe there's something a little more to the name you chose, like a superman complex if you will! So next time, keep your mouth shut and tend to posts that are directed to you! I guess with you having super hero status, you couldn't possibly see how someone with "Coordinator" attached to their identifying name, might get a little confusing for someone? And second, normally with other forums, I have gotten direction to the correct forum from those who where put in place to answer questions and/or who were not, as a help to the misdirected user! With the answer that "tha_watcha" gave, it may have been better for him to not have responded at all! So, you sir, have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM
The world always needs another Internet tough guy. Thanks for stopping by. My response was simply appreciation for someone who provides a service (for free) to mooches like you with zero dignity or appreciation in return. He should not have to defend his
actions. He's done enough. If you wanted no response from the public maybe you could have sent a direct message rather than on a public forum. So "sticking my nose" in the middle of a public forum? Really? Watcha was confused you weren't in the wrong place.
Your just an a$$
Jun 5, 2014 at 12:16 AM
It's the fact that you have totally made yourself look like this guys bitch in what you thought were cleverly worded comments to down play me and make me feel inferior that amuses me. How old are you? 18 - 25? Seems like it. But hey, you're welcome to think what you want, really! You win!
Jun 5, 2014 at 1:14 AM
"tha_watcha" I apologize for the misunderstanding. I have been somewhat accustomed to receiving smart-mouth comments from forum users who think they're God's gift to the forum. But, as I said, I can admit when I'm wrong, so again, I apologize. I did find the answer to my issue. It was something that only someone with first-hand knowledge of the file structure on the server would have known. When you enter the "Path" into the File Upload control, I needed to have /Portals/0/Folder name/ "Portals/0 being the key part I was missing.