Admin file browser

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:25 PM
I have CKEditor configured to use sub directories for users. So the setting use subdir for non admin is checked and a folder is selected with my users folders inside.

I have an admin user with the administrator role. He is not a portal super user. He has access to change files all over the website. When he clicks on browse server, he is put into the folder I selected for the users instead of the default portal/0 folder.

Is this by design or is this a bug? My host account doesn't have the same behavior. This leads me to believe that instead of admin its possibly looking for a super user role to decide?

Any ideas?
Feb 1, 2015 at 7:52 AM
This looks like a bug. Admins and super user's should be excluded from the user folder. I look in to it.
Feb 10, 2015 at 6:34 AM
So I've done some more testing. Here is what I did. On the same site I did a fresh install. Uninstalled CKEditor from host > extensions as well as removed all files and web.config entries. Started over again.

I rebuilt all settings. I have the same thing configured. However now here is what I get:

My host account and admin account both have the ability to browse the server but get put in user folder. I have non-admins set to user folder but when a non-admin clicks browse server I get:

Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.

I'm really struggling with this now. I have users complaining all over the place. I just upgraded to the beta 2.1.1 on DNN 7.3.4. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. If you want to see what I'm seeing I'll gladly share my test site.
Feb 12, 2015 at 8:25 AM
Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. If you want to see what I'm seeing I'll gladly share my test site.
Well i didn't have any more ideas. i also made a fresh new installation, and everything works as expected.

Maybe seeing it in action would help. Can you send me the login data via email?
Feb 12, 2015 at 8:37 AM
I can't find your email either on here or git. If I use the contact us page on yaf will that go directly to you?
Feb 12, 2015 at 8:38 AM
Or how about the email included in the dnn license for ckeditor?
Feb 12, 2015 at 8:51 AM
supermansrf wrote:
If I use the contact us page on yaf will that go directly to you?
Yes, or simply use thewatcher AT watchersnet.de