Setting Content Area CSS

Feb 6, 2015 at 6:32 AM
Edited Feb 6, 2015 at 1:08 PM
I recently downloaded the v2.1 of CKEditor and did the basic settings. In the Host->Html Editor Manager settings I set the Editor Area CSS to my CSS file which is under Portals/0 folder. On saving the file, I don't find that the CSS is being applied to the Editor Area. If i go to the child pages, I don't see the settings being replicated. I manually tried to do this setting to a child page and it shows up in the settings in that one page only, but still when I try to edit the page it does not seem to get the css file. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong or is it how it is supposed to be, that I do the changes individually to each and every page?

Mani
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2015 at 11:00 AM
I don't see the settings being replicated.
By default if you save the Settings as Page Setting, then the settings are NOT automatically applied to child pages. However there is a button "Copy current Page Settings to all Child Pages" this copies the settings to all chold pages.
Feb 11, 2015 at 12:12 PM
Edited Feb 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM
Hi,
I was doing the Portal settings only and in the database in the CKEditorProviderSettings table all the entries for SettingName starts with value DNNCKP#0# which I presume indicates Portal Settings, since Tab (Page) Settings were starting with DNNCKT#. I manually created the entries for each tab (222 entries per tab) and that worked for some times but then it started giving me some Javascript errors about unterminated string. So as a last resort I downloaded the latest Beta version and this seems to have fixed this issue for me, though I know it being beta would have its own quirks.

Mani
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2015 at 5:16 AM
Whats the reason for creating it manually? Simply select the tab and then save the settings.
Feb 12, 2015 at 12:26 PM
Hi,
Unfortunately selecting the tab did not populate the settings, I had to redo all the settings for the tab manually and then save which would have been time consuming and also since the site is hosted on GoDaddy and with internet latency the process could have been slower. Copy settings to child pages later on the tab did not percolate to all child levels but only to the first level of children. I don't know what could have been the issue, could be access rights or something I cannot fathom. Exporting the settings and then importing into tabs too did not work and all settings had to be manual. Could be something GoDaddy has setup on the hosting account that was preventing it, but then I took a chance with the Beta version and this seems to work fine with only the Portal Settings set up. So I can safely rule out the access rights issue. Hope sometimes in future after I am done with the current project I can spend some time and find out what exactly would have been the issue.
thx

mani