Custom Toolbar not binding to Role

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:37 AM
Hi,

I'm using DNN 7.3.4 and installed DNN CKEditor Provider 2.1.0 (CKEditor 4.4.6/08188c4).

Using the Custom Toolbar tab, I was able to create a unique Toolbar called "Reg Users", which saved successfully and I can see it in the list of Toolbar choices for a Role in the Main Settings tab.

I've bound that custom toolbar to the Registered Users role, saved my changes, cleared cache, restarted the Application Domain. I then logged in as a user with Registered User role and went to edit a page. However, instead of the Reg Users toolbar, I see the 'Basic' toolbar.

I went back to the Custom Toolbar tab and opened up the Reg Users toolbar to verify that it's different than the Basic one and it is.

Any ideas why even though Reg User custom toolbar says it's bound to the Registered Users role, I'm still getting the Basic Toolbar when editing?

Many thanks,
Chris
Feb 15, 2015 at 5:49 AM
If you are using the default user roles in dnn then you need to be aware that standard users are part of two roles which is "Registered Users" and "Subscribers"

So if you select the "Reg Users" toolbar for Registered Users and the Basic toolbar has a higher priority it would show the basic toolbar. To resolve this nake sure that the new toolbar "Reg Users" has a higher priority then the basic toolbar. Or also select the "Reg users" toolbar for Subscribers.
Feb 17, 2015 at 4:17 AM
Great. Thanks. I didn't see the Toolbar Set Priority field as it was tucked away at the bottom of the editor window. Many thanks for pointing that out. Works fine now.

Chris