Links Toolbar icon not working

Jun 20, 2015 at 9:51 AM
Using DNN 7.4.0 - can not use the Links icon in toolbar. When links icon is clicked on - screen just tries to do something (grey shade appears) but just locks up. This happens also on existing link when you right click mouse and select edit link. Interesting enough right clicking on link brings up a doubled up list:
Edit Link
Edit Link
Unlink
Unlink

Note: The above problems have occured on multiple different skin/dnn installations. However, the Unlink icon seems to work however.

Have also created an issue for this.
Jun 20, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Which version of the provider are you using? Seems like an old issue which is already fixed in the latest version
Jun 21, 2015 at 4:06 AM
Hi Thanks for the reply. I am using latest stable release of Ckeditor for DNN (Mon May 11, 2015 at 5:00 PM)
Issues happen to me in any browser as well.
Jun 21, 2015 at 7:42 PM
Are there any js issues in the browser console?
Jun 22, 2015 at 8:56 AM
Hi

Checked the Web Browser Console - when I first go into edit HTML content and it loads content within CKeditor I get the following 404 error on language file - is that causing the problem?__

-----First Console Error (for this forum post I have just overtyped a general name into error below - i.e. mysite.com.au)

GET http://mysite.com.au/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CKEditor/plugins/dnnpages/lang/____en-au.js?t=F0RD 404 (Not Found)____CKEDITOR.tools.extend.append @ ckeditor.js:77CKEDITOR.tools.extend.appendTo @ ckeditor.js:52CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.w @ ckeditor.js:222CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load @ ckeditor.js:222(anonymous function) @ ckeditor.js:240(anonymous function) @ ckeditor.js:228(anonymous function) @ ckeditor.js:226CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.m @ ckeditor.js:221CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.y @ ckeditor.js:221CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.s @ ckeditor.js:221(anonymous function) @ ckeditor.js:222

__Then when I highlight some content and click link toolbar icon I get this console error which seems to say it can't determine PortalUrl:

__Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'portalUrl' of undefined(anonymous function) @ plugin.js?t=F0RD:811j @ ckeditor.js:10CKEDITOR.event.CKEDITOR.event.fire @ ckeditor.js:12CKEDITOR.dialog @ ckeditor.js:529CKEDITOR.tools.extend.openDialog @ ckeditor.js:574(anonymous function) @ ckeditor.js:575CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.m @ ckeditor.js:221CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.y @ ckeditor.js:221CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.s @ ckeditor.js:221(anonymous function) @ ckeditor.js:222
Jun 22, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Did some more testing. For some reason even though my portal is set to default en-au the CKEditor for DNN install did not install the language file en-au.js that obviously caused the first error above. The same thing happened on other seperate portal installs as well (i.e. en-au default portal but no en-au.js file installed). So I just looked back at your .zip install and found the en-au.js file and copied into the directory: \Providers\HtmlEditorProviders\CKEditor\plugins\dnnpages\lang with the other de/en/pl.js default language files that get installed with I installed CKeditor for DNN.

So that leaves me with the remaining error which I presume is the real error stopping the link toolbar icon to work: ie.. Any ideas?

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'portalUrl' of undefined(anonymous function) @ plugin.js?t=F0RD:811j @ ckeditor.js:10CKEDITOR.event.CKEDITOR.event.fire @ ckeditor.js:12CKEDITOR.dialog @ ckeditor.js:529CKEDITOR.tools.extend.openDialog @ ckeditor.js:574(anonymous function) @ ckeditor.js:575CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.m @ ckeditor.js:221CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.y @ ckeditor.js:221CKEDITOR.scriptLoader.load.s @ ckeditor.js:221(anonymous function) @ ckeditor.js:222
Jun 22, 2015 at 9:27 AM
Did you upgrade from a previous version?

If yes then try to clear the browser cache
Jun 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Yes I did upgrade from previous version. Tried Clearing Browser Cache, Recycling and shutting down IIS web site/pool. Same remaining error on PortalURL.
Jun 22, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Also just then completely uninstalled CKeditor Provider and CKEditor Config Extension and reinstalled and still have remaining problem.
Jun 22, 2015 at 9:18 PM
I downloaded the latest release to see if the fix from commit

https://github.com/w8tcha/dnnckeditor/commit/9d88aa38156735dddd561e00a5cf84e35a1095fd

Was applied that should only define the languages that are included, which is the case. So there is no way the editor would try to load the en-Au.js file.

Sorry but at this point I have no ideas left.
Jun 23, 2015 at 9:48 AM
No worries Watcha thanks for responding anyway to my previous posts. I am stumped to. I got past the en-au.js problem also by uninstalling CKeditor completing and doing new install. So my last remaining problem was that it couldn't find PortalUrl in console error. Strange that running the site locally on my development every thing works. Anyway that I can force PortalUrl into code? or is there too many changed to make? Seems to happen in this piece of code in plugin.js:

// check if filebrowser is enabled
        var urlTitle = editor.config.filebrowserBrowseUrl ? editor.lang.dnnpages.portalUrl : editor.lang.common.url;
Jun 27, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Well by default it should load the default en.js language file where the portalUrl string is defined.

Of course one solution would be to replace
var urlTitle = editor.config.filebrowserBrowseUrl ? "Portal file or other URL" : editor.lang.common.url;
Jun 29, 2015 at 10:35 AM
No worries - as the last thing just wanted to confirm that ckeditor for dnn has been tested to work with other than en.js as the default language for a portal in dnn - as my default/primary language for my DNN portal is Australian. From your reply looks like en.js should be loaded whatever your portal language but I don't really understand what accounts for the Ckeditor "default" (in terms of DNN portal settings) and what deviates from loading the default.
Jun 29, 2015 at 10:56 AM
Sorry but default language is probably the wrong word.

Which language files are available for a plugin are defined in the plugin.js So in my portal the language is de-de and de is defined in the plugin so it loads the de.js language file. In your case en-au is not defined so it falls back to the (default) language file which is en.js.

I test it with en-au as soon as possible to see if there are any problems or if i can reproduce the issue. I report back as soon as i know more.
Jun 29, 2015 at 11:38 AM
Thanks very much Watcha. Much appreciated. I am happy to help out with any further testing or feedback if that helps you in trying to reproduce/resolve issue.