Configuration Question - Image Navigation

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:29 PM
I have a user with about 50 pages of images that are being used. When she tries to select an image via CKEditor, the image display is limited to about 20 images per list/view and she can only advance two pages at a time. This becomes a lengthy process when trying to reach an image on or around page 25.

Is there a way to configure CKEditor to display more images per view or more pages in the navigation to better move through folders with many images?

Thanx,
G.
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2015 at 7:33 PM
In the settings under File list page size you can define how many files per page should be displayed, you can set it to 0 to disable paging. Be aware the reason for pages are performance increasing the files per page will also increase the loading time.
Aug 14, 2015 at 1:23 PM
Pardon my ignorance, where do I find the settings options mentioned within CKEditor for DNN?
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2015 at 2:24 PM
You need to be logged in as a host user, then you see an link to the options bellow the editor.
Aug 14, 2015 at 2:32 PM
Thanks for following up on this. I do appreciate your taking the time to help me figure this out...

When I click the Custom Editor Options link, another window opens, but redirects to my site home page. The link shows: https://www.nacada.ksu.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=55&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.

Inspecting the Custom Editor Options link element, I see:

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="window.open('/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CKEditor/Options.aspx?mid=7991&amp;tid=4419&amp;minc=txtContent&amp;PortalID=0&amp;langCode=en-US','Options','width=850,height=750,resizable=yes')" class="CommandButton" id="dnn_ctr7991_EditHTML_txtContent_txtContent_ckoptions">Custom Editor Options</a>

Any ideas?

Thanks again!
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2015 at 2:51 PM
Which dnn version are you using? Can you post the full error message from the event log?
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:36 PM
Hi,

I'm getting this very same error when I click the Custom Editor Options link. I am running DNN 7.1.2 and the following is the error message in the log file.

2016-03-16 11:26:09,808 [DNNUATPRD1][Thread:305][FATAL] DotNetNuke.Framework.PageBase - An error has occurred while loading page.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.get_CurrentOrSelectedTabId()
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.BindOptionsData(Boolean reloadOptionsfromModule)
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
2016-03-16 11:26:09,808 [DNNUATPRD1][Thread:305][ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - ~/Default.aspx?tabid=41&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.BindOptionsData(Boolean reloadOptionsfromModule)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:55 PM
I apologize! I was routed to another issue way back when and let this fall off my radar. I just re-tested and again I get redirected to my home page. Responding to tha_watcha's request from Aug, here are the event log details:

AssemblyVersion:7.3.2
RawURL:/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CKEditor/Options.aspx?mid=1754&tid=1324&minc=txtContent&PortalID=0&langCode=en-US
AbsoluteURL:/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CKEditor/Options.aspx
DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke
ExceptionGUID:0386a1c5-29b4-40b3-9626-0c78be5d685e
InnerException:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
FileName:
FileLineNumber:0
FileColumnNumber:0
Method:WatchersNET.CKEditor.CKEditorOptions.get_CurrentOrSelectedTabId
StackTrace:
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Source:
Server Name: PRO-DNN-FE-02