{cke_protected} being added in view mode for any span that has a class

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:58 PM
This seems to be a recent issue, and not sure what is causing it. If in source mode I have this HTML:
<h1 style="text-align: center;">TEST TITLE</h1>

<p>
<span class="textLarge">THIS IS INVISIBLE IN WYSIWYG MODE</span>
</p>
then when I switch to WYSWYG mode, the content in the span is invisible, and when looking at the page source the editor is being filled with:
<!--{cke_protected}%3Cspan%20class%3D%22textLarge%22%3ETHIS-->  
etc etc

so the user can never edit the content, unless if they went into source mode and removed the class="textLarge" from the span tag and went back to the WYSIWYG mode, the content appears exactly as it should.

Any idea what may be causing this?
Nov 28, 2016 at 5:01 PM
I'm having the same problem.

Any solutions?
Nov 30, 2016 at 12:33 PM
Is no one else having this problem?

I find this a show-stopper on websites I'm trying to upgrade to DNN8 where I've created custom span classes for the old RADEditor.

When I switch over to 2.01.05 Users cannot edit most of the website content because spans with ANY class are not visible.
Dec 2, 2016 at 3:08 PM
Should I create a new "Issue" for this?

I REALLY Need A Solution!
Dec 5, 2016 at 2:32 PM
Edited Dec 5, 2016 at 2:38 PM
Upon further experimentation, this is related to the default reg-ex in the Protected Source. (Found in Host -> HTML Editor Manager -> Editor Config Tab)

I believe these were mostly added to handle empty span, i, em, and button tags.

But our problem is with spans that ARE NOT empty.

Can the reg-ex be refined to allow span tags with a class if they are wrapped around content?
Dec 12, 2016 at 1:05 PM
The issue can be resolved by going to the Editor Config and change the entry for ProtectedSource to...
[( /<i class[\s\S]*?>[\s\S]*?<\/i>/gi ),( /<span class[\s\S]*?><\/span>/gi ),( /<em class[\s\S]*?>[\s\S]*?<\/em>/gi ),( /<button class[\s\S]*?>[\s\S]*?<\/button>/gi )]