Setting the Initial Text in Editor

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:48 PM

First off, great provider.  This is a terrific addition to DNN and the install was smooth and easy.  I'm struggling with something simple.  Where (how) can I set the initial text loaded into the editor?  It's defaulting to 

This is some sample text. You are using CKEditor.

Thanks again for making this happen. 

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Its currently hard coded you can only change that, if you modify the source.

But i´m currently working on the next version so i can change that, would you like to disable the sample text or change it?

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Ah.  That explains some things.  I personally would prefer nothing...but ideally a core config option like this:

config.newpage_html = 'This is my initial editor copy';

In the config.js or in the provider properties would give you plenty of flexibility.

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2010 at 7:04 PM

i will made an option for the web.config and the options page something like blanktext="blabla" if the text ist only "" it will be blank, or you can choose whatever you like

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2010 at 12:36 PM

New Version is online. You can now set the Text in the Options Window, leave blank for none.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Excellent!  Thanks for a quick turn around on that.  How open are you to more ideas?  This is such a nice editor...it would be great to make it really flexible within the framework....

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 9:11 AM

i´m open for every idea. Its only a question of how can i make them work. But i wrote so many custom Modules, so i its only a question of time to implement new things.