Dynamic forms jumping to CKEditor

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Hi Watcher,

I am having another problem with Dynamic Forms, take a look at this page http://beta.vomero.co.uk/Guestcomments.aspx

When DF loads the small rich text box on the page, Firefox (only) scrolls the page down, so the editor sits at the bottom of the page.

At first I thought this was related to the jQuery accordion, but it is not - if I make the size of my browser window quite small it always jumps to have the editor at the bottom of the page.

Any ideas what might be happening here? - It doesn't seem to happen with the Telerik editor enabled (I just don't like it though!)

Thanks, Matt

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Currently i have no idea. Did it happening with all ckeditor skins or only with the current one?

It could be a css or js that collides with DF an CKeditor.

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:53 PM

It seems to be happening with all the skins. I have also tried removing the tab specific settings for the editor but it always seems to happen.

Is it possible to debug js and run it line by line?

Matt

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I think with Firebug for Firefox you can debug it.

it definitely a js problem, if i disable js completly it doesnt scroll down.

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:55 PM

It is very frustrating - When I enable firebug the page no longer jumps (even with JS still enabled).

Do you have any other ideas how I could look into this?

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Sorry i can help much. I see there are a lot of js files, try to disable one js file after another, until you find the problem one.