Central management for Editor options

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Ingo,

I realise this could be a lot of work, but I still would like to post my suggestion :-)

I would really like an overview of how custom settings for the editor are spread over the website.

Some of our clients have websites with quite a lot of per page or module set toolbars default upload folder etc.

It is not easy to get an overview of what's set where.

A central management module with a site tree and settings next to it would be really handy.

(a bit like the HTML Editor manager, but better ;-)

What do you think?

Timo

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Sounds good makes totally sense. Its now on my long to do list :D.

My only concern is where to place such Module, not sure if it would make sense to create an actually module for it. Or if it would make more sense to switch to a different page setting module setting or what ever on the current setting window.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Nice.

Right it could be part of the current settings too.

Or maybe it's possible to plugin to the HTML editor settings already in DNN ("feels" like it's extensible, but I'm not sure)

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I agree with Timo, that for me also the logical place would be the html editor settings.

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
timo_design wrote:

Nice.

Right it could be part of the current settings too.

Or maybe it's possible to plugin to the HTML editor settings already in DNN ("feels" like it's extensible, but I'm not sure)

No its not it is only for the rad editor, even if the name of that page suggest that you can configure every editor there.

The Page name should be "Rad Editor Manager" not "HTML Editor Manager". You only can change the default Editor there but the rest is only for the RadEditor.

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Ok, Shall I bring this up in the core team, or do you prefer to do add it to the editor itself anyway?

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM
timo_design wrote:

Ok, Shall I bring this up in the core team, or do you prefer to do add it to the editor itself anyway?

I would have to manage two options pages, that would double the error quote and my work load. I think its better to keep everything in the current place.

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM

ok

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Quick Update First BETA Version of the CKEditor Provider 2.0 is online including an centralized Management Editor Module (Including all Editor Config Settings)

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Does 2.0 and/or previous versions support DNN 7?

Thanks,
Chuck

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:40 AM
carizzio wrote:

Thanks,
Chuck

Yes previous version Supports DNN 7, and V2 has an separate Install Package for DNN 7

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Nice! And thanks.

Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2012 10:41 PM
To: carizzio56@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Central management for Editor options [dnnckeditor:361129]

carizzio wrote:

Thanks,
Chuck

Yes previous version Supports DNN 7, and V2 has an separate Install Package for DNN 7

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Thanks Ingo,

I tested this on DNN 6.1.5 and there are 2 html editor config modules on the page (Host > HTML editor manager) with this error:

A critical error has occurred. There is an error in XML document (2, 2).
When I remove one of the modules the error stays the same and I cannot access the module.
Timo
Dec 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM
timo_design wrote:

Thanks Ingo,

I tested this on DNN 6.1.5 and there are 2 html editor config modules on the page (Host > HTML editor manager) with this error:

A critical error has occurred. There is an error in XML document (2, 2).
When I remove one of the modules the error stays the same and I cannot access the module.
Timo

I Updated the downloads should be fixed now

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Ok, thanks. Did you see / fix this too: http://dnnckeditor.codeplex.com/workitem/7220 ?