Does CKFinder respect DNN file permissions?

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Feb 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM
bradbamford wrote:
No.
Feb 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but is there any way to write a file provider for it that will?
Feb 18, 2013 at 4:50 AM
bradbamford wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but is there any way to write a file provider for it that will?
Shure in the future yes, but at the moment I don't have that much time for that. This is not something that can be done in a few hours.

But why not use the standard file browser? Are there anything missing?

The standard file browser inherits the dnn file permissions can handle all file system types standard, secure and database and its free, which CKFinder is not.
Feb 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I'm just researching/testing options at the moment.
But, from what I've seen, CKFinder just looks significantly better aesthetically and since I have to start somewhere I was thinking the better looking one. (cost is not a factor)

Again, I'm just looking at my options at this point. There are a lot of things I've found that I like about dnnckeditor in general, but it take quite a while to figure everything out.
For example, Under "File Browser Settings" there is a drop down list for "File Browser" with the options of {standard, none}. I still don't know how to create a new one.
Feb 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM
bradbamford wrote:
For example, Under "File Browser Settings" there is a drop down list for "File Browser" with the options of {standard, none}. I still don't know how to create a new one.
The Ckfinder will appear in that list as soon as the Ckfinder is installed an auto detected, I put up a guide on how to install the Ckfinder

http://dnnckeditor.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=CKFinder%20Integration&referringTitle=Documentation
Feb 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Okay, that makes sense.
I thought that was for customized File Browser settings just like the Customized toolbar settings.

Thanks.