Variable Names for CKEditorDefaultSettings.xml

Oct 29, 2013 at 2:51 AM
I am creating a default settings file and i am not sure how to write some of the settings.

Can you please tell me what the correct way to write the following setting in the XML file?

I would like a called "Folder1" and is in the portal root to be the default:
  • Browser Root Folder
  • Default Upload Folder
I would also like to allow the DNN security role "Registered Users" to be an Allowed browser role in addition to the Administrator's role.
Oct 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Browser Root Folder

<BrowserRootDirId>folderid</BrowserRootDirId>

You need to enter the folder id

Default Upload Folder

<UploadDirId>folderid</UploadDirId>

You need to enter the folder id

Browser Roles

<BrowserRoles>ROLEID;ROLENAME;</BrowserRoles>

You can use the RoleID or Rolename. Role ID is portal specifc and Role name can be used for multiple portals

I uploaded 2.00.08 BETA 1 where the settings export works.
Oct 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Thank you for the reply.

Can you tell me how do I find the Folder ID?
Oct 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM
All i am trying to do is setup the exact same configuration for all of my portals that have the same security role names and will have users upload to the same folder names.

QUESTION #1
I am using the DNN templates for my child portal creation. The default Upload Folder and Browser Root folder will have the same folder name for each child portal. The folder will always be in the Portal Root folder.

Is this folder ID going to change with every child portal created? or is the Folder ID specific to a child portal.

Will I be able to set this default folder ID in the _default/CKEditorDefaultSettings.xml file just once and then it will work for all child portals?

QUESTION #2
Can i also use ROLENAME instead of ROLEID for the ToolBarRoles settings?

QUESTION #3
The 2.00.08 Beta is not accessible.

I am really stuck with the export not working.
Oct 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM
The folder Id is unique for each folder like a user id, from the ui I think there is no way to see th id of the folder. The only way would be to look directly in the database table folders.
Oct 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Can you please help me get this figured out?

I am wasting so much time.

Thank you for your help.
Oct 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Ah you added more questions, sorry i didn't see that...
Is this folder ID going to change with every child portal created? or is the Folder ID specific to a child portal.
If i have the time i extend it to support path names instead of ids, but i can not promise anything

Yes it is specific for each portal
Can i also use ROLENAME instead of ROLEID for the ToolBarRoles settings?
NO

If i have the time i extend it to support role names instead of ids, but i can not promise anything
The 2.00.08 Beta is not accessible.
Sorry i forgot something, its online again.