Can't uninstall CKEditor 2.0.8 cleanly from DNN7.0.6

Dec 20, 2013 at 5:41 PM
When I uninstall CKEditor with the 'delete files' option checked, the files are not removed. If I manually deleted the files from Providers and then re-install, DNN reports that CKEditor is already installed.

Is this a bug?...What do I have to do to remove it totally?

Phil
Dec 22, 2013 at 6:39 AM
There are two packages you need to uninstall.

You need to Uninstall the CKEditor HTML Editor Provider and the CKEditor Config Manager Module
Dec 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Thanks - I tried that and files were removed and 'already installed' message has gone.

The reason I wanted to re-install cleanly was because, by mistake, I deleted the 'Full' toolbar. I thought that if I re-installed the Full tool bar config would be restored but it hasn't been. So it looks like even when CKEditor is uninstalled, something is left behind.

Any thoughts? Can I import the Full toolbar config somehow?
Dec 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM
PhilB2013 wrote:
Thanks - I tried that and files were removed and 'already installed' message has gone.

The reason I wanted to re-install cleanly was because, by mistake, I deleted the 'Full' toolbar. I thought that if I re-installed the Full tool bar config would be restored but it hasn't been. So it looks like even when CKEditor is uninstalled, something is left behind.

Any thoughts? Can I import the Full toolbar config somehow?
That is correct the config files for each portal are not deleted on a uninstall, currently there is no way for me to do that automatically. However if you manually delete the config files. the default files will be automatically regenerated (You do not need to uninstall). The ToolbarSets are stored in the CKToolbarSets.xml file in your portal home folder (/Portals/0/ is the default one).

There are also two more files in that folder...

CKEditorSettings.xml
Which holds the default settings for the portal

CKToolbarButtons.xml
Lists all available toolbar buttons
May 29, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I'm having the same problem.

Trying to get the editor to quit deleting empty Span tags, I took the work Span out of the RemoveFormatTags from Editor Config.

That didn't work. I tried putting the field back to what it was and that trashed my toolbar (didn't make any toolbar changes). All I get is the toolbar that starts with the B (bold icon).

I NEED the SOURCE button back.

All portals work but this one. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (doesn't work... should just get rid of that option). I tried copying the above mentioned XML files. I've tried deleting them. I've tried exporting and importing settings from portals that work, but I can't get the file I'm trying to import to show up as an option. Is there some trick to being able to import settings from another portal?
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Edited Jun 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM
I'm also trying to uninstall as well. I can uninstall CKEditor Config Manager 2.0.11 From Extensions. However, CKEditor Editor Provider 2.0.11 in Providers has no uninstall icon (trash can). I notice that you refer to it as CKEditor HTML Editor Provider. Have I installed the wrong version?

How can I uninstall this?
Jun 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM
mervharvey wrote:
I'm also trying to uninstall as well. I can uninstall CKEditor Config Manager 2.0.11 From Extensions. However, CKEditor Editor Provider 2.0.11 in Providers has no uninstall icon (trash can). I notice that you refer to it as CKEditor HTML Editor Provider. Have I installed the wrong version?

How can I uninstall this?
Before you uninstall you need to switch to the default RadEditor (Under Host -> HTML Editor Manager) then you can uninstall the CKEditor Editor Provider and the CKEditor Config Manager Module
Jun 4, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Jeron_Coolman wrote:
I'm having the same problem.

Trying to get the editor to quit deleting empty Span tags, I took the work Span out of the RemoveFormatTags from Editor Config.

That didn't work. I tried putting the field back to what it was and that trashed my toolbar (didn't make any toolbar changes). All I get is the toolbar that starts with the B (bold icon).

I NEED the SOURCE button back.

All portals work but this one. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (doesn't work... should just get rid of that option). I tried copying the above mentioned XML files. I've tried deleting them. I've tried exporting and importing settings from portals that work, but I can't get the file I'm trying to import to show up as an option. Is there some trick to being able to import settings from another portal?
Please delete the CKToolbarSets.xml in the portal folder. That file contains the toolbar sets used for this specifc portal. Once you delete it the default xml file is automatically created.