Overwriting Existing Files

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Is there a setting that makes the editor overwrite existing files while uploading instead of appending “_1” to the file name?

If there isn't already one, can one be added? Prompting the user first would be great, but doing it silently is fine.

The site I manage has about 80 content editors and they never remember to delete the previous version of a file before uploading the new one. These are often forms that have important changes and if the existing version isn’t overwritten or deleted people continue to use it. Only about 5 people can edit each folder so overwriting files accidentally won't be a problem.

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM
I could add an checkbox 'replace existing file' to the upload dialog, in the file browser. For the quick upload dialog in the link dialog, I'm not sure if i can at it there too.
Feb 13, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Any chance you can add a setting to the portal ckeditorsettings.xml file that determines the default value of the checkbox on the upload dialog?

Thanks

tha_watcha <[email removed]> wrote:

I could add an checkbox 'replace existing file' to the upload dialog, in the file browser. For the quick upload dialog in the link dialog, I'm not sure if i can at it there too.

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM