CKEditor Becoming the Default in DNN 7.4

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Referencing this DNN Forum Post:

Is CK Editor going to be the new standard?

So, I'm trying to get ahead of the curve as I went through the pain of transitioning from the FckEditor to RadEditor a few years back.

I know that there may not be any solid plans in place yet, but I'm sure we will all have questions about the transition.

Questions such as what happens if I install this provider now and then upgrade to 7.4. Will I have "duplicate" Providers? That is what essentially happened when using the DnnWerk RadEditor Provider ahead of DNN switching to RadEditor. I remember it being messy.

So, what's to come and how best do we prepare?
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Well technically at the moment i can't answer any of your questions since you already noted that there are not concrete plans on the migration. But as far as i know is that the current Provider will be included in dnn, so no duplicated Providers this time.

As for the Migrating itself from RadEditor to CKEditor thats a different case. I never used RadEditor so i'm not aware of how similar both configuration options are.

Or is there any specific setting you want to automatically migrate?
Nov 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I wasn't really asking for a migration feature. Although the idea is interesting.

Mostly I just wanted to open a thread to discuss an upcoming change to the single most important part of DNN. We all live and die sometimes on the advantages or failures in whatever HTML Editor Provider we're using. Especially where our clients are concerned if they are also using the editor.

I really like the CKEditor and this Provider. Great work!