Setting the Initial Text in Editor

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:48 PM

First off, great provider.  This is a terrific addition to DNN and the install was smooth and easy.  I'm struggling with something simple.  Where (how) can I set the initial text loaded into the editor?  It's defaulting to 

This is some sample text. You are using CKEditor.

Thanks again for making this happen. 

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Its currently hard coded you can only change that, if you modify the source.

But i´m currently working on the next version so i can change that, would you like to disable the sample text or change it?

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Ah.  That explains some things.  I personally would prefer nothing...but ideally a core config option like this:

config.newpage_html = 'This is my initial editor copy';

In the config.js or in the provider properties would give you plenty of flexibility.

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:04 PM

i will made an option for the web.config and the options page something like blanktext="blabla" if the text ist only "" it will be blank, or you can choose whatever you like

Jan 9, 2010 at 1:36 PM

New Version is online. You can now set the Text in the Options Window, leave blank for none.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:25 AM

Excellent!  Thanks for a quick turn around on that.  How open are you to more ideas?  This is such a nice editor...it would be great to make it really flexible within the framework....

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:11 AM

i´m open for every idea. Its only a question of how can i make them work. But i wrote so many custom Modules, so i its only a question of time to implement new things.