Module Interop

Jan 13, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I'm have installed CKEditor and the provider on both a test and live DNN site.  It works great for HTML editing, etc.  I have it setup as the "default" editor for the site.  I also created a module version for use as the editor within Active Forums.  Text editing works fine within the forum, fast, clean and easy.  My users love it - but when you try to insert a smilie or an image from Active Forums nothing happens (the default FCKEditor allows you to click insert an image or smilie, etc.)

I can send you more info if you want to demo what I'm talking about.

PS - Also posting on Active Module forum about this same topic.  Not sure if it's an issue with them supporting thi editor...or the provider presenting CK just like it does FCK to third part modules (FCK works with Active Forums)

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I installed the lite version of the active forums, to test this problem. Their using a hardcoded javascript which loads dynamiclly, its support the FCKEditor because it can access the FCK java API. But it should be easy to exend the script and add support for the CKEditor API.

But thats not my problem, that has to be done by the Active Forums Programmer.

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM

OK, thanks for taking the time to look into it.  I'll ask Will at AM to look into extending this with their next release.