Role Based Toolbar Configs

Jan 13, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I would be nice to allow admins to select toolbar configs based on DNN user roles

• Registered User gets small toolbar
  • Special User gets bigger toolbar
  • Extra Special User gets Full toolbar
Jan 14, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Good Idea i will make an role based toolbar selector.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Ok i finished the selection for Rolebased Toolbar. In the next version (1.5.00) u can choose a Toolbar for every Role

Currently there are only the..

Basic > 'Bold','Italic','-','NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Link','Unlink','-','About'

and the Full Toolbar > 'Source','-','Save','NewPage','Preview','-','Templates'],['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteFromWord','-','Print','SpellChecker','Scayt'],['Undo','Redo','-','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat'],['Form','Checkbox','Radio','TextField','Textarea','Select','Button','ImageButton','HiddenField'],'/',['Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','-','Subscript','Superscript'],['NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Outdent','Indent','Blockquote','CreateDiv'],['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock'],['Link','Unlink','Anchor'],['Image','Flash','Table','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar','PageBreak'],'/',['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize'],['TextColor','BGColor'],['Maximize','ShowBlocks','-','About'

The Question is now, which other Toolbar sets should be included.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:51 PM

What about settings for unauthenticated users?

You could use this to manage the toll-bar in  registration page... like for example a biography filed... we could only allow the user to set text editions... like B I U etc... and not images or flash

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:21 AM
Edited Mar 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Currently the unauthenticated users will get only basic toolbar  Basic > 'Bold','Italic','-','NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Link','Unlink','-','About', and the browser function is off. But i could add this role to the list

P.s. use the issue tracker, or the discussion to send suggestions for the provider

Mar 9, 2010 at 2:00 AM
tha_watcha wrote:

Currently the unauthenticated users will get only basic toolbar  Basic > 'Bold','Italic','-','NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Link','Unlink','-','About', and the browser function is off. But i could add this role to the list

P.s. use the issue tracker, or the discussion to send suggestions for the provider

Isn't this the discussion? :X

That would be a nice feature, still I'm using Dynamic Registration from DataSprings, and in there Module when I select the "Rich Text Box" CkEditor is not showing :X I've posted in their forums... but I don't hae any problem if I use the standard html editor!

The only thing I could think about, was because the users would be unaythenticated... but now that you've explained that... I'm confused :S

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Mike_C wrote:
tha_watcha wrote:

Isn't this the discussion? :X

Yes sorry, i didn't read your review completely.

Mike_C wrote:
That would be a nice feature, still I'm using Dynamic Registration from DataSprings, and in there Module when I select the "Rich Text Box" CkEditor is not showing :X I've posted in their forums... but I don't hae any problem if I use the standard html editor 

This will be fixed in the next release of my Provider, i found the Problem.

I put the Feature Set Settings for unregistered users on my TODO list.

But you don´t have to be confused, i changed that in the current release 1.8.00 that unregistered (unauthenticated) users will see only the basic toolbar

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

thanks