Custom Editor Options redirects to home page

Jan 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I just installed v1.5 and when logged in as host and I click on "Custom Editor Options" I am redirected to the home page. I am running DNN v5.1.2.

Please note that my DNN app is installed in a folder called 'dnn' which is just off the root of the website. i.e when you visit a page generated by dnn its URL always begins with: 

http://www.mydomain.com/dnn/

When I click on "Custom Editor Options" I am redirected to http://www.mydomain.com/

Let me know if any there is any more info I can provide to trouble shoot this.

Jan 25, 2010 at 3:57 PM

The source code I am seeing for the redirect is:

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="window.open('/dnn/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CKEditor/Options.aspx?mid=371&amp;tid=56&amp;minc=txtContent','Options','width=600,height=550,resizable=yes')" class="CommandButton" id="dnn_ctr371_EditHTML_txtContent_txtContent_ckoptions">Custom Editor Options</a>

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:32 PM

it makes a redirect because there is an error while loading the options, you can see that in the event log. I have to investigate that problem.

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Found the problem, and updated the release version. version number is not changed, i´m currently on the road.

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Brilliant work. I am greatly impressed with the speed you replied! 

I am right to say that the version available for download has the fix? Or does one need to wait for the version number to be updated?

Many thanks.

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM

you only need to redownload the 1.5.00 Install version and reinstall the zip.

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Hi, 
I downloaded the install version of 1.5 but after reinstall it the behaviour did not change. I restarted the app and cleared the cache but it made no difference! 

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:00 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2010 at 9:52 AM

i have uploaded a beta version, i have to fix this Problem blindly because i cannot reproduce it currently.

LINK REMOVED

If this not work i have to look deeper.

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I tried the beta but the problem remains!

If i can provide any more info let me know.

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Ok new beta2 generates an eventlog in the event viewer if there is a proble

LINK REMOVED

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Okay. I installed the beta2, went to an instance of the CK editor in a HTML module, clicked on Custom Editor options and was - as I expected - redirectred to the site's home page.

I then checked in the event log and there is no event logged at all. 

I am running DNN v5.2.1 and I am NOT running PageBlaster. My skin is 100% XHTML compliant. 

ANy other I can offer that might help trouble shooting?

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Did it actually open the PopUp Window if you open the options?

What Browser did you use?

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM

When I clicked on "custom edit options" it opens the popup but redirects to the home page. I am seeing this happen in IE7 and Google Chrome.

I thought it might be related to my skin so (in Admin settings, under Appearance) I changed the skin and containers of the "edit pages" to Minimal entropy.

However even with this skin the popup window appears and then redirects to the home page.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:16 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Ok i made a special debug version it now should displays a couple of messageboxes, Please let me know which is the last message, if there are any.

LINK REMOVED

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM

I saw no messages. It just behaved precisely the same as before.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Ok that means the options are not loaded at all. What hapens if you open the Browser of the Editor, it should be the same problem

LINK REMOVED

I have now changed the url to absolute.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:58 PM

The popup browser windown now gives the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CKEditor/Options.aspx

The reason why is clear as it is trying to open the following page:

http://www.mydomain.com/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CKEditor/Options.aspx?mid=371&amp;tid=56&amp;minc=txtContent

and this page is outside the folder where dnn is installed on my website. Dnn for me is located at http://www.mydomain.com/dnn/

I am not sure what you mean when you ask me to "open the Browser of the Editor"

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2010 at 9:55 AM

LINK REMOVED

The Url is now correct.

With open the Browser i mean:

in the Editor Window click on the image icon to insert an image, then click on Browse Server and thew FileBrowser opens in an PopUp